To help us to better meet your needs we need to get to know you, so we’ll collect information about who you are and how you interact with our website, MyPrivateStylist.com. There are all sorts of rules involved in keeping and using your details and it’s really important to us that your personal information is respected. So whenever we collect information, we’ll always look after it, and comply with Australia's Privacy Act.
The following helps to explain what those privacy rules are and how we plan to follow them.
1.0 Whenever we say "we", "us", or "our" we mean Image Innovators Pty Ltd.
And anytime we say "you" we are talking about you, the person out there, on MyPrivateStylist.com, doing what you’re doing. We call our website "My Private Stylist" and whenever we talk about "My Private Stylist" we are referring to MyPrivateStylist.com and all the things we make available for you to see and do on MyPrivateStylist.com.
2.0 How do we collect information?
Usually we'll just ask you directly. It's the best way to find out who you are. But we'll also find out stuff from others. When you use My Private Stylist, our network will automatically generate some information about you. That might sound kind of scary but really it’s not. Here is a list of the kinds of information we collect and how we collect it:
- Information you tell us: When you choose to enter information while on My Private Stylist we receive and hold that information. This includes forms you complete, emails you send or any other contact you make with us about My Private Stylist. For example: Your My Private Stylist Profile, Consumer Reviews, Competitions and Polls, Your Cart, Your Friends, other My Private Stylist Community activities, your Feedback and any other contacts with MyPrivateStylist.com. There is one important exception - we don’t receive or hold your credit card details. My Private Stylist uses PayPal. This is a PCI DSS certified agency, who receive and process your credit card payments in the My Private Stylist shopping cart. PayPal hosts and manages the payment page, which is secured by its own SSL certificate. Your credit card details are stored by PayPal.
- Information generated through My Private Stylist: The My Private Stylist network automatically generates certain types of information when you use My Private Stylist. We receive and hold that information. To do this we mostly use “Cookies” as they help us to keep track of where you go and what you like about My Private Stylist. Cookies are little bits of information that My Private Stylist (and other websites) send to your browser. Your computer can then store that on the system you use to access My Private Stylist. You can disable cookies via your browser preferences (you'll need to do this yourself as we're not responsible for your browser). Thing is, if you disable cookies you won't be able to log-in to My Private Stylist and get the most out of the personalisation and other stuff that logged-in users can use.
- Information we get from others: Some of our business partners will also give us information about you that we hold on to. For example, Shopping that you started on My Private Stylist but finished at the Retailer’s website; Information about the fulfillment of any orders you make on My Private Stylist; information from other Telecom companies about you; and information from credit agencies to help us recover and report on money you owe.
3.0 So who gives us permission?
By choosing to use My Private Stylist, you’re telling us you're happy for us to collect, use and disclose information about you and your use of My Private Stylist for various My Private Stylist related things that we'll explain a bit further down. Of course, you don't have to tell us everything we ask for or anything at all really. But My Private Stylist does work best when we know a bit about you. And sometimes if you don’t give us some of the information we ask for, bits of My Private Stylist won’t work at all. But we will always tell you if that is the case.
You can opt out of receiving My Private Stylist communications at any time by clicking on the link in your profile at any time or using the "unsubscribe" option in one of our My Private Stylist comms. We'll then remove you from the distribution list as quickly as we can.
4.0 Why are we collecting your information?
Our plan is to make it easy for members to find stuff that they like, and help sellers find buyers like you who are interested in their stuff. It's not rocket science. In order to do this, and make My Private Stylist the best it can be, we may use your personal information for different purposes connected with My Private Stylist. As an example (but not an exhaustive list) this may include:
- Processing your membership application .?
- Processing your order and making sure you get the goods.?
- Finding out who visits My Private Stylist to check if our advertising is working and find out who likes which bits best.?
- Making sure we can offer you more of the products and services that you will like.?
- Finding out what products, retailers and gifts are most popular on My Private Stylist and that helps us to provide many of our special My Private Stylist features.?
- Keeping you up to date. That means sending emails and other messages about what's happening on My Private Stylist, special deals, any reminders you ask us to send you and other stuff you might like to know.?
- Keeping the My Private Stylist Community an up to date and relevant place to be.
- Ensuring our legal rights are protected.
5.0 Who will we tell?
Occasionally we may disclose your information to others, but only for the purposes described in this policy - or for legal reasons. These “others” include (but aren't limited to): communications network operators; research and/or marketing companies or agencies; credit reference and/or debt collection agencies; advertisers and selected business partners.
My Private Stylist Retailers: When you shop on My Private Stylist you are buying direct from the retailer. So it’s the retailer who will manage and fulfill your order. To make this possible we’ll share your information that is relevant to the actual transaction with the retailer. Things like your contact details, delivery address, order details and the first six and last two digits of your credit card so they can manage your order.
Third Party Service Providers: Some of the features and services available on My Private Stylist are provided by third parties employed by us. Things like receiving and processing your credit card payments, providing customer service, helping us with My Private Stylist communications and providing credit assistance. We’ll share any relevant information with these parties, but only so that they can do the job their doing for us. Plus, credit reporters may include credit checks and any defaults in payment relating to My Private Stylist in their databases and share this information with others who wish to conduct credit checks on you.
My Private Stylist Marketing Partners: Sometimes we will send special offers or information to our registered My Private Stylist members on behalf of our marketing partners. We don’t share your information with these marketing partners they simply send communications through us. And remember you can opt out of My Private Stylist communications at any time.
The Law: If we think it is necessary, for example we are concerned about security or fraudulent activity, we can disclose your information to relevant law enforcement authorities, such as the Police. This may also include exchanging information with relevant international agencies.
6.0 How safe is my information?
As safe as we can make it. We make sure all personal information is exchanged via SSL to guard against access by third parties during transmission. We don’t receive and hold your credit card details. Instead we use the experts, PayPal, a PCI DSS certified agency, to receive and process your credit card payments in the My Private Stylist shopping cart. Paypal hosts and manages the payment page, which is secured by its own SSL certificate. Your credit card details are stored by Paypal and only transmitted to the appropriate credit card agency for processing. The first six and last two digits of a credit card may be supplied to retailers to help them manage your order.
7.0 Rights of access
Under the Austalian Privacy Act, you have the right to ask to see the information we hold about you. And if you notice that any of your details are incorrect just ask us to correct those for you.
8.0 This doesn't apply to other websites.
It's a good idea to check the privacy statement on any website you visit, even those you link to from MyPrivateStylist.com. We aren't responsible for the privacy or information collection practices of any websites other than MyPrivateStylist.com. This includes the websites of My Private Stylist retailers (if you click through to the retailer direct).
9.0 Changes to our Policy
We may update or revise this policy at any time. If so, we'll just post those changes here, and they'll take effect as soon as they're posted. It's your job to check this policy regularly for any modifications or updates. We'll assume you've done that, and you accept our current policy each time you choose to use My Private Stylist.
We'll make notes about who you are and what you like to buy, but only to make your My Private Stylist experience better. Occasionally we'll pass on your information to other people who help us make My Private Stylist better or to protect My Private Stylist and the My Private Stylist community. You have the right to access and correct personal information My Private Stylist holds about you.